Saturday, May 7, 2011

It Shall Be!

I recently posted an ad on Craigslist for our rooster to go to a good home.  After sifting through several prospects I found a nice country home where he would have a respectable polygamist arrangement with Harriet and Laverne.  Not a bad gig but then again he is quite the handsome dude.  We could still visit and the lady was of our type, chicken appreciator extraordinaire.  I was disappointed he couldn't stay but pleased with the set up.  He's quite the gentleman to all our ladies here and very mild mannered.  As Mike and I were both watching chicken TV Thursday eve I commented on just that.  My husband quickly interjected "Ok here's the deal; the rooster stays."  He pointed out his gentleness, handsomeness and how he barely makes a peep.  He went on to spew forth how I should take back my adoption proposition for him and that was that.  The rooster stays.  He also told me he wanted to name him Rodney.  I do think we can come up with a better name than that but we'll see.  So folks it has been said so let it be written...The rooster stays the rooster stays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment