Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cold Reality

I have lost a few incubating eggs. Several are still developing.  One egg that was developing quit for whatever reason.  Sometimes it's shipping that determines their eventual fate due to too much shaking I understand.  I dissected the egg and took a picture of the embryo.  It didn't make me too upset to lose it since I had suspected a problem.  I think the embryo looks like what has been portrayed as an alien.  If you look closely you can see little wing buds as well as the "alien" eyes.


Looks similar to something I would have begged my mom for in a quarter machine!






As you can see by the chart above my developing embryos should have feathers already and start to get into their hatching position!




Today, tonight and tomorrow the alive and kick'n chickens will be hunkered down in their new coop due to in-climate weather.  They will peep through their window if you go by saying "treats, treats..please?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment