Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chicken TV

Yesterday was a big big day for us!  My husband finally admitted he really likes the chickens..... which is a good thing because I have 15 more incubating and scheduled to hatch on April 27th!  Most of the time he has already fed them before I can even check and he for sure has given them plenty of treats.  We have almost totally stopped watching TV shows and exclusively watch chicken TV.  It's more entertaining and interactive.  The dogs are a bit jealous but enjoy the outside time more.  The chicken coop is so much more than I could have wished for.  I'm almost afraid to use it as a chicken coop.  If we had really human children I can't imagine what my husband might build them!



Kemper & Kramer relaxing and watching the construction.

Today is officially day one of the Cochin eggs incubation.  So far my temp and humidity in the incubator are perfect.  I turned the eggs for the first time this morning and was pleased at how little time it took.  The temp only dropped one degree and was back up in 20 minutes.  Just 20 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment